Monday, April 11, 2011

Understanding Operating System of Brain

Test to find which side of the brain you use the most?

Directions:
Get a blank sheet of lined paper. Every time you read a description or characteristic that applies to you, write down its number on the blank sheet of paper. There is no certain number of characteristics you must choose. After you are done, go to the end of this blog. Next to every number on your paper, write whether it was a L or an R. Count up the number of L's and R's. Whichever number is higher represents your dominance. If the numbers are close, that means you use both sides of your brain equally.
  1. I constantly look at a clock or wear a watch
  2. I keep a journal or diary of my thoughts
  3. I believe there is a either right and wrong way to do everything
  4. I find it hard to follow directions precisely
  5. The expression "Life is just a bowl of cherries" makes no sense to me
  6. I frequently change my plans and find that sticking to a schedule is boring
  7. I think it's easier to draw a map than tell someone how to get somewhere
  8. To find a lost item, I try to picture it in my head where I last saw it
  9. I frequently let my emotions guide me
  10. I learn math with ease
  11. I'd read the directions before assembling something
  12. People tell me I am always late getting places
  13. People have told me that I'm psychic
  14. I need to set goals for myself to keep me on track
  15. When somebody asks me a question, I turn my head to the left
  16. If I have a tough decision to make, I write down the pros and the cons
  17. I'd probably make a good detective
  18. I learn music with ease
  19. To solve a problem, I think of similar problems I have solved in the past
  20. I use a lot of gestures
  21. If someone asks me a question, I turn my head to the right
  22. I believe there are two ways to look at almost everything
  23. I have the ability to tell if people are lying or guilty of something, just by looking at them
  24. I keep a "to do" list
  25. I am able to thoroughly explain my opinions in words
  26. In a debate, I am objective and look at he facts before forming an opinion
  27. I've considered becoming a poet, a politician, an architect, or a dancer
  28. I always lose track of time
  29. When trying to remember a name I forgot, I'd recite the alphabet until I remembered it
  30. I like to draw
  31. When I'm confused, I usually go with my gut instinct
  32. I have considered becoming a lawyer, journalist, or doctor




  1. L
  2. L
  3. L
  4. R
  5. L
  6. R
  7. R
  8. L
  9. R
  10. L
  11. L
  12. R
  13. R
  14. L
  15. R
  16. L
  17. L
  18. R
  19. R
  20. R
  21. L
  22. R
  23. R
  24. L
  25. L
  26. L
  27. R
  28. R
  29. L
  30. R
  31. R
  32. L
An important factor in understanding learning styles is understanding brain functioning. Both sides of the brain can reason, but by different strategies. and one side may be dominant. The left brain is considered analytic in approach while the right is described as holistic or global. A successive processor (left brain) prefers to learn in a step-by-step sequential format, beginning with details leading to a conceptual understanding of a skill. A simultaneous processor ( right brain) prefers to learn beginning with the general concept and then going on to specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment